The Portraits of Michael James

As I advised in my earlier blogs that I would love to experiment with portraiture in this academic year. I also mentioned that family means a lot to me, I therefore decided to carry out a small shoot in which I captured portraits of my boyfriend Mike. Inspired by my research into the work of Irving Penn, I desaturated all images in the editing process, and focused on the brightness and contrast of the image specifically. In addition to this, I also ensured to use the dodge tool on the eyes specifically, to brighten them, ultimately engaging the viewer. I am  very happy with the below images, however have concern that in some, parts look slightly over edited, and the focus is softer than I would have liked. This is something I aim to work on in my future portraiture work.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandma Pauline

Larry Sultan - A Domestic Inspiration