Flown the Nest

My sister Paige recently moved out of my family home (I say recently, it's been a year, but feels like yesterday!). Again influenced by the work of Larry Sultan, I decided to therefore photograph her home too. I find it very interesting how different her home is in comparison to my Grandma's. It is interesting to see that whilst each individual has different taste, similar comforts run between home to home. Once again, I decided to desaturate these images, as I believe black and white documentary images often hold a lot of depth. I also captured some portraits of my sister, as I have a real interest in portraiture and would love to pursue this in this academic year.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Grandma Pauline

Larry Sultan - A Domestic Inspiration

The Portraits of Michael James